Cooling Down message way too soon!

I had to take a break Friday night as I received the “Print Stopped” error. I figured I’d just start up again today. Well, all is going well, but I have the “Cooling Down. Keep lid closed to minimize smell” message. My print isn’t done though. I hasn’t even finished the engraving part or started the cutting part.
I am not going to touch the browser or Glowforge hoping it finishes the over 1 hour job without issues, but WHAT THE HECK???
The job finished, but never did get the countdown back before the end of the printing.
Thanks,
Brenda

I’m confused about whether your print was completed or not. If it was, you can safely clear the error message. If it’s stopping mid print with the cooling message, then it’s because the temperature is too warm and it needs to cool down—in that case the job will continue once the temperature is back in range.

1 Like

I stated that the “job finished”.
This had nothing to do with overheating.

I sent the job to print.
I often check how far along things are.
I only had a “job finished” when I checked 15 or so minutes into a job that was to be at least 45 minutes.

Sorry, I’m not trying to be obtuse. You said the print didn’t finish but that the job finished. I’m not sure what you mean by that. It’s okay though—you’ve opened a support ticket by posting here, so someone official will be along soon to help out. :blush:

Record the approximate date and time of the problematic print to help support staff.

I’ve never had it happen, but my understanding is that if the machine pauses for cooling at any point, the clock will continue to run. So it’s entirely possible to have the clock run down and the job not be finished yet. (It does not restart the clock, it just resumes printing when it has cooled down enough.)

Did you notice a pause during the print? Is the room within operating temperature range for your machine? Are you using magnets to hold down the material? (Each of those can cause a pause, I believe.)

2 Likes

I had paused the job, using the button, to leave the room for a bit. I returned and started back up (pushing the button again). I did not notice a pause other than my manual one. This is in our basement, so it’s never been too warm down there. No magnets (just acrylic hold down pins).

I don’t believe anything unusual happened with this print job. It finished fine, I just had no timer to let me know how much longer was left on the job. I have other projects that I work on (like most of us), while the GF is doing her thing…so I wasn’t seated in front of my laptop the whole time.
Thank you for your input.

1 Like

Huh, I guess it’s possible that manually pausing it doesn’t pause the clock either. You might want to run a little test…start a job, let it get started, then pause it, and check to see if the clock is still running, or if it speeds up or something.

1 Like

I’m sorry the app got out of sync with the printer while manually paused. We’re seeing this, too, and the team is looking into it.

I’m going to close this thread for now - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!