Cooling issues making me hot

Well, you’re the only one who can make up your mind as to whether it’s acceptable to you or not. I like the things that the machine offers over other lasers, the smaller footprint and the easy interface for designing, but it’s not for everyone, and it’s particularly difficult for those with specific issues relating to temperature.

I actually did upgrade mine to a Pro model mainly for the temperature range, but I wound up being glad I did for a lot of other reasons. Maybe that would be a good solution for you as well. It’s something to consider.

1 Like

Unless maybe from a “void your warranty” perspective. :wink:

1 Like

GF would have to give me a good reason to feel like I’m not throwing good money after bad.

Considering that, so far, they’ve been relatively non-existent with their support, I’m not convinced that upgrading would be in my best interest.

[edit] plus an upgrade only gets me 6 degrees extra of play. The margin still feels too narrow.

I would let them know your latest findings with the cooled air via the email support ticket you opened, since this is a duplicate, and they may not be monitoring it.

I can see how someone would think that “recommended” is about optimal temps, not essential temps. I rarely have to worry about this issue. I keep my A/C at 76, I have a GF Pro, and I live in Wisconsin. It’ll be freezing soon enough. I was more worried about freezing air coming in my exhaust vent, but haven’t had that issue.

1 Like

Also, it was after close of business when you lowered your ambient temp to the recommended range. Now that there’s something within their scope to support, I expect you’ll hear from them once they’re back in the office. Meanwhile there are a lot of helpful users still around, if you’re willing to work with them.

2 Likes

If it says it is "Cooling " after all that you have done I would think that it is not cooling that is your problem. As it happened what was wrong with mine was exactly the same as @jbmanning5, but there must be dozens of similar situations. even the wiring that goes to the thermometer. Most of that it would need to go back to the shop.