Copernican Orrery

Me! I’m interested! This is phenomenal.

1 Like

Wow! I love every bit of this project. I really like the designs you selected. The star signs with constellations. And the colors…I just love every bit of this project.

3 Likes

I did an instructable on adding the gear motor.

8 Likes

Thank you so much!

1 Like

That’s amazing!

1 Like

Just amazing! How on earth do you keep surpassing your previous projects? @chris1 is right - there is wizardry afoot!

4 Likes

I don’t post my failures!

11 Likes

Utterly amazing! Beautiful! Extraordinary! It’s just fabulous!!

2 Likes

Incredible work. Simply beautiful. Thank you for sharing and I look forward to seeing more from you. (I would also be interested in seeing the pattern when you post it in instructables or whichever site you go for).

2 Likes

that is some next level stuff there!

2 Likes

probably stroked out on the floor in front of his computer.

2 Likes

Beautiful beyond words.

1 Like

You are an artist Truly spectacular.

I bet you could take this piece and turn it into a carousel.

2 Likes

That would be very cool to have all the horses etc. going at different speeds!! They don’t even do that on a real carousel! :exploding_head:

1 Like

bro

1 Like

Your attention to detail and craftsmanship is impressive! Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Are there any files for this project?
Very interested. I know this was posted quite a while ago.

Forum rules forbid us asking for files, but you might click this person’s shop which is listed in his profile to see if it is for sale.

Here are the forum rules:

If someone shares a print that they’ve made, please respect their sharing and do not ask for the source design or artwork. Designs take work and have value, and when you ask someone to give you that value for free, you undermine their work.

If you decide that you want to gift your designs to the world, you can post them in the Free Laser Designs section of the forum. If you post designs anywhere in the forum, other users can use them in accordance with these details: https://community.glowforge.com/t/about-the-free-laser-designs-category/.
This is an act of great generosity! Thank you, and please express your gratitude to the people who choose to do this.

3 Likes

In the OP you can find a link to where he purchased the files. As for the customization, that is an exercise left to the user.

2 Likes

In his case that is far more stunning then the amazing original source. As with many things here even if you had all the files it would be amazing to have anything as the skills needed after the Glowforge was finished are beyond those of most of us.