Copper House Numbers

Beautiful! I especially :sparkling_heart: the bunny!

May I suggest going slow in the corner areas? (I poked several unintentional holes when I got impatient)

3 Likes

Please, suggest away! The rabbit is my logo and I think it worked well here, but I think I’m going to struggle with the depth of it. Oh well, ya never know until you try. :woman_shrugging: I’ll keep you posted! Thanks for all the help.

2 Likes

EDITED: Never mind, think I got her going now…

Oh @ekla! I have a question already :stuck_out_tongue: …Did you cover the whole thing at once and then hammer and stretch the metal into place. Or did you start at one end and lay the metal into place as you went? (Hope that makes sense.) I think it’s going to work better placing the solid sheet over the top and hammering it into place, but want to check. I have one shot and if I screw it up I’ll need more metal. Oh, and for those doing this for the first time, big curves on the frame are tough , just saying. :pleading_face:

5 Likes

All at once :slight_smile: . Yeah those curves probably require a bit of clipping to wrap around to the back.

1 Like

I am anxiously awaiting photos of the finished product.

3 Likes

Wow, such a cool technique and great look! Thank you for sharing this.

3 Likes

This is totally awesome! Great work and detailed instructions! Thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

I can’t wait to see the kittski attempt :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Me too :stuck_out_tongue: The patina has been applied and I’m trying to be patient and let it sit overnight! Ekla’s is a whole lot cleaner and I learned a few things, but I think it’ll be a good first effort. We’ll see tomorrow.

5 Likes

Final product. I’d do some things differently, but not too bad. Thanks ekla for all the help and inspiration! I used vinegar/salt and ammonia for the patina. I wiped it down with water and did a little sanding, do I need to do anything special to neutralize it or anything?

And I love how the same concept can turn out so differently. Ekla’s is clean, precise and classic looking, mine looks like I beat the sh*t out of it with a hammer. (Which I did BTW.) :rofl:

26 Likes

Turned out great!

3 Likes

dangit, now i want to do this.

4 Likes

Excellent job! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

The perfect patina look!

2 Likes

Absolutely charming ! :sparkling_heart:

(As for neutralizing - it’s entirety up to you. You can let it age naturally or lock down the current look with wax or acrylic)

4 Likes

Oh cool, I was worried that it had to be neutralized before it could be sealed or something.

You could rinse with water I suppose to be certain. Generally the chemical reaction will stop at some point when the solution used is “spent”. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Do it! Do it! Do it! It’s fun :grin:

5 Likes

Absolutely amazing! I love that you personalized it with your logo.

2 Likes

@ekla - what is your orange rotary tool?