Cork a Few Ways - Cork, Cork Fabric, and Cork Paper -

I, too, have been working with cork, cork fabric and cork paper. As many on the forum, who can resist a good coaster! I have been using cork fabric, all pieces cut on the GF, to make wallets, pencil holders and notebook covers. I do like the fabric a lot as it is easy to work with, comes in a variety of patterns and can easily be sewn on my Singer. I think you can also engrave it fairly well. I have also been using cork paper which I enjoy also. Mostly I have been hand binding small journals. It is fun stuff and I have a few other ideas that are currently under contractions with the fabric and paper.

IMG_0306small

50 Likes

Very nice! I particularly like those little coin and pencil cases.

3 Likes

Thanks! I think those are fun, too and really easy to make!

Nice work. What have you found that works best to color on it?

5 Likes

Very impressive array.

1 Like

Nice work! Love the patterned cork fabric.

1 Like

Thanks! All that was purchased that way. I think you could colour it with sharpie. I did the slightest bit of colouring with sharpie on cork fabric. Needs extra time to dry and probably need more testing. There could certainly be alternatives.

3 Likes

Thanks! I like the patterned cork, too. There are many great ones out there and not enough time to get to them!

Thanks! I have never seen printed cork but I guess I never looked.

2 Likes

There is lots out there. Check out Etsy and all your printed cork fabric dreams will come true!

2 Likes

Impressive array of projects! I’m liking the pencil cases too! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Payday today and this is on my to do list.

2 Likes

Cork is getting trendy around here. These are all pretty. Now I can’t wait for my cork fabric to arrive.

I’m going to go look up cork paper, though. Hadn’t heard of it!

2 Likes

It sure is trendy! Cork paper is fun, too. I get mine on Etsy. You can get it plain or with adhesive on the back. I am sure there is more you can do with it beyond bookbinding, but I my use has been narrow.

5 Likes

The pencil cases are fun! They make nice accessories and gifts.

4 Likes

They look awesome! Great work!

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Lovely designs! The printed ones really pop. I think coptic binding in bright colors would be amazing on the books against the natural cork.

Thanks for the heads up about cork paper! That’s something I will definitely look into since I love, love, love paper stuff but have limited tools for working with the fabric.

3 Likes

I’ve had cork fabric on my sewing “to do” list for a long time. These are gorgeous … Need to move up the list.

4 Likes

Thanks @ptodd! It is a real pleasure to work with cork fabric.

2 Likes