Corporis humani ossa, posteriori facie proposita - Redux

A while back I did an engrave of an old anatomy drawing by Andreas Vesalius (Corporis humani ossa, posteriori facie proposita). One of the suggestions from @davidandmaraya and @cynd11 was to put a little bit of color into it and how to do that.

Hit this one with a little bit of parchment acrylic on walnut hardwood.

I did some outlining/light scoring. Some painting. Some 3D engraving. Oh crap - the paint is all gone. Paint again. Engrave again.

It’s subtle but a neat effect. I’m glad that I engraved back a final pass over the last acrylic paint layer. It gives it a bit more weathered of a look; like it’s actually part of the work rather than just laid on top.

52 Likes

Subtle is best, that looks fantastic!

3 Likes

That’s painted? It looks stained… I really like that effect better. Much better! :grinning:

1 Like

Laser stained :wink:

1 Like

Oh wow! This is amazing! Not sure exactly which parts were painted, but clearly they were the right ones–it’s perfect.

1 Like

Old
F0A1BB3E-4F06-4E11-960A-EE406B9E3400

New
9926B6FF-94D0-4955-AE1D-EC0E3F999072

15 Likes

Oh, yeah. The first one was pretty amazing, the second really kicks it up a few notches!

3 Likes

Looks really good. The gradient effect is so nice!

2 Likes

What an amazing difference! Nicely done!

1 Like

Dat looks gooooooooooooooood.

1 Like

Three years later and I just noticed that I didn’t extend the 2 sun rays on the left to the outer border like the others :joy:

2 Likes

Did the same thing on one of my little boxes. :smile: