Could anyone help me with an svg

Search for Raster

1 Like

Nothing in there let’s me search

It looks to me like you are using Illustrator for iPad, not the desktop version of Illustrator. The iPad version does not yet have a Rasterize command as far as I know. I’m not aware of any iPad programs that convert vectors to rasters, but there might be one if you Google it.

4 Likes

thank you very much. I’m just going to leave it until tomorrow. Thank you everyone for your help. Have a goodnight.

3 Likes

The easiest thing here would be to use Illustrator on a desktop computer, and use the Object > Rasterize function that everyone is recommending.

If you want/need to stay on your iPad, I’d suggest the following.

Simplify the artwork down to just one octopus.
Do another one for just the inverted color octopus.
Export each of those as PNG.
Then you can input those PNGs and lay them all out in the grid pattern of the original.
Or you could do that part in the GFUI itself.

If you are having trouble doing this, let me know and I can give you some pointers. I like to use Illustrator on the iPad sometimes.

5 Likes

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Export function on Illustrator for iPad. Of course this applies to the whole document rather than a selection, but that would work for this use case.

I had to do some digging to find that exporting at “high” resolution gives you 300 dpi, “medium” gives you 150 dpi, and “low” gives you 72 dpi. In this case I would advise the OP to use “high.”

3 Likes

I GOT IT! I exported it as an PNG and it worked! Thank you everyone for all your helpful comments!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.