"Crashing Waves" Catalog Design Seems Incorrect?

Hey everyone!

I just purchased the “Crashing Waves” clock design from the catalog, and it seems like it is wanting to cut something incorrectly.

The design requires on piece of wood, and one piece of acrylic. There are two ‘designs’ one is labeled for the wood, and the other acrylic. If you look at the design of the clock, you can see that the wave design should only be cut on the wood, an not the acrylic (otherwise you would not see the acrylic through the wood). That said though, both ‘designs’ to be cut for the wood and acrylic are identical, and it wants to make the same cuts on both pieces.

Has anyone has had issues with items from the catalog? This seems like an oversight, or maybe I am missing something you can point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Chris

1 Like

In the picture, it definitely looks like I can see the white wall through some of the holes. It looks like perhaps the acrylic is cut like the wood but shifted around the center slightly?

2 Likes

Click the little ellipsis menu and take a look at the instructions. Does that provide any insight?

1 Like

Yeah, most definitely both pieces are cut and offset a bit.

1 Like

Always a good place to start! :+1:

I’m sorry for my late response.

Thanks @markwal, that’s correct.

@chippewatradingco Thanks for asking about this. If you have any other questions, please post a new topic.