Creatology Foam Sheets

I went down to Michael’s today and picked up a bunch of Creatology Foam sheets to make a Halloween costume. Rather than sitting with an x-acto knife for a few hours I got to thinking I could laser them on my GF. The Spanish translation mentions “EVA”, but the English just says “Foam Sheet”. Anyone tested these in the GF?

IMG_2805 IMG_2806

7 Likes

From the use of the term “EVA“ I’d say that’s what this is. Also, the sheets look very similar to a pack of EVA foam sheets that I’ve cut with my GF.

5 Likes

I’ve cut ‘craft foam’ a couple of times. Most recently last week…cut out some little circles to replace the missing ‘feet’ on my son’s MacBook. I used speed 200 and power 10 to cut it…but mine was using the thinnest foam.

3 Likes

EVA is amazing. I use it quite often. EVA cuts like butter

6 Likes

I’ve used those before on my GF.

3 Likes

I was just working on the 1/4" stuff and it took a lot more work to cut than I would have thought. Something like 3 passes at 400/full. Although that might mean my machine needs a cleaning.

I also noticed that the kerf gets way bigger at full than at precision powers. So you might want to think about that.

2 Likes

I bet butter would be alot more messy…lol

4 Likes

But way more delicious.

3 Likes

I don’t recommend eating EVA.

2 Likes

Even with butter?

2 Likes

If you have to eat it, butter can’t hurt–it’s like bacon and hot sauce, you can put it on everything. But, I would avoid eating it unless necessary.

1 Like

Scratching that off the list of dinner options for tonight then. Honey garlic pork chops sound like a good alternative.

4 Likes

That’s all I need…yet another way to get grease spots all over my clothes! :rofl:

2 Likes

I just cut about 10 sheets of this same stuff today.

6mm:
Cut- Speed: 275 Power: Full Passes: 1
Score- Speed: 400 Power: 50 Passes: 1

4mm:
Cut- Speed: 275 Power: 90 Passes: 1
Score- Speed: 400 Power: 30 Passes: 1

Cuts like butter!

Also cut a thicker 10mm mat by using the 6mm settings and 2 passes.

8 Likes

What are you making? :slight_smile: Sorry, I’m curious (and a bit nosey at times). Feel free to ignore me.

3 Likes
2 Likes

(one of my favorite songs) :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Friend of mine does cosplay stuff and needed a bunch of things cut for one of the costumes he’s doing.

I love how versatile the machine is!

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks everyone! And thanks especially for the settings. You’ll save me some wasted material. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Cool! Yay cosplay!

Me too!

2 Likes