Crooked engraving in one line across the engraving

Hi there,

I was hoping I could get some help from everyone here.

When I engrave a large board, it’s easy to tell that one line, all across the board, isn’t aligned. It’s crooked . I’ve tried tightening the belt, but not sure what else to do to fix it.

I was hoping someone could shed some light on this, considering it’s one of the busiest times of the year!

I’m attaching an image of a Santa board I engraved, and you can see it clearly on the word “love” as well as another board with crooked engraving (towards the right is more evident).

Thank you

That looks like a movement offset. While it might be in the file, it looks more like the head skipped a step in the left and right movement. This can be due to the head hitting something or due to dirty rails or a belt pully or belt tooth with debris in it. Have you wiped down the rails recently?

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your reply!
I’m going to do that right now!
Hope it works!!

It’s still happening after I gave it a thorough clean. Any other suggestions ? :frowning:

I would email Glowforge support. Note that it can take up to a week to get a response. Show them all the photos you have and list specifically what steps you have taken to address the behavior and specifically which parts you have inspected and what that inspection has revealed. Be specific! This will help them get a plan of action for you.

2 Likes

In addition to the info Ben suggested above, the exact time (including timezone) and date of an example print will help them review the relevant machine logs.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your responses. I’ll do that now :slight_smile:

Hi there,

I’ve tried everything. I cleaned it. Changed the wheels. Sent pics. I’m really not getting any help.

Does anyone know of a Glowforge technician in Toronto, Canada who could possibly come and take a look at it?

I’m so sick of the misaligned engravings.

There are no GF technicians in the wild that we know of.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.