Custom settings continually reset upon startup

I’m sorry for the trouble with this, everyone, and thanks for letting us know about it. The team is looking into it now, and I’ll follow up on this thread as soon as I have more information.

Thanks again!

Short update: My saved power settings are back, but the speed setting is still stuck at 100.

100 is the minimum speed. Try going faster with the speed, not slower. It should be rounding up to 100 for anything slower that is selected. (Safety feature.)

(You were entering 50 for the speed in your video. )

My custom engrave settings are still wiped out.

Something happened.

Thanks, looks like I can save settings again but Glowforge forgot all of my custom values.

That could be two things…

If you saved the higher engraving speeds (over 1000) as Custom Settings for your vector artwork, those went away when they cancelled the beta for the vector engraves. (They were causing skipping issues.) They no longer exist, so you’ll need to load new custom settings using the slower speed.

The other possibility is that you haven’t entered the thickness yet, or used the Set Focus tool. Without thickness information, the safety default for the material (no matter what it is) is going to be 1% power. If you enter a material thickness that matches what you last used at the top, the saved settings you had before for a job will likely reappear. (It’s what I’ve noticed happening.)

Mine were not above 1000, and they are gone regardless of setting the custom material thickness.

My cut and score custom settings are intact (and accessible whether or not material thickness is specified, as always.)

… and I just discovered something interesting. If I create a new custom engrave setting, it works, BUT if I click on one of my previous ones, the settings from the new one are carried over (incorrectly)…

It appears to be a UI issue, not the settings themselves.

1 Like