Custom Settings Problem

Hi, I’m having a weird problem where the power setting on all of my Custom setups keep changing to match the most recent adjustment to any of them. It’s like it’s over writing each setup when I make an adjustment to one setup. It only occurs with the power though, the other setting are as they should be.

Has anyone else experienced this? It’s never happened to me before.

Did you try refreshing the browser and clearing the cache and cookies?

1 Like

I refreshed the page, opened the design a couple times, and tried it on my iPad as well. All to the same results. I’ll try clearing those and see what happens.

That worked, thanks!

Would you also know why some of my custom settings only show up for selection on certain designs and not others? Does it separate them by the file type they were used on(PNG vs SVG)?

1 Like

Well, Engrave settings will generally show up for Engraves. Cut and Score settings show up when those operations are specified up at the top.

Understood. It’s an engrave setting that doesn’t show up on all designs for some reason, and where it does, it takes the place of another. I’m not so bothered about this one currently, just found it strange. The only thing I can think of is that I used it on a PNG originally, and I think its only showing up on like files.


It will also show up on a Filled vector shape, if that vector does not have an associated Stroke too. (That’s how the GFUI interprets Engraves. Either a raster image like your PNG file, or a Filled but not Stroked vector shape. Any Stroke on it at all and it will default to Cut, although you can change that to an Engrave operation.)

That makes sense. I guess that’s the difference in the designs that I wasn’t taking into account.


1 Like

The UI saves any changes you have made to the file. Some people delete the design to clear the bed, and are confused when they come back and nothing is there.
You can make a copy right in the dashboard and modify that without destructively editing your original.

1 Like

Thanks. Jules’ suggestion of clearing the cache and cookies has sorted the issue. That is good to know though. I don’t think I’ve tried to copy anything like that before.


Thanks for the advice @Jules! Since the issue is resolved, I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!