Custom vs PG settings

I’m having the exact same issue, so I’d say it’s not a material issue because I imagine we’re not using the same material.

The flame issue is the same in just about any material. If the smoke turns to flame it will not cut as deep.

Again, this is not about flame. It’s about two identical settings on the same piece of PG material not cutting. There is no flame for these. The only ones with that issue were the living hinge photos, which I asked people ignore that part since it wasn’t part of this test.

After they came out with the Set Focus tool (and auto-focus) I had to go back and resave all my custom settings without the material heights so they wouldn’t interfere.

3 Likes

I’m in the process of doing that. But given that one of my tests is using a saved setting built from a PG one with auto focus, I’m not all that hopeful that will resolve my issue. The material is the same height in both tests as they are cut next to each other. But it might be factor in other problems I’ve started having.

1 Like

It’s been a little while since there’s been a response on this thread, so I just wanted to check in. Did re-saving your custom settings lead to the consistency of your prints improving?

Yes but it’s still not quite right. Settings that before didn’t leave flashback are doing so now. And once in a while a newly saved one doesn’t work and I have to try again.

It’s better by replacing them all, but it still would like to know what instructions the laser got on the last 3 tests I did with the stars. I gave the time stamp above. I want to understand why sometimes saving them works and sometimes doesn’t. Is there a database corruption at the storage end causing this?

Thank you for the additional information. I’m glad to hear that re-saving your settings improved print results. I’ve shared the time of the most recent prints you ran with the stars with our team so they can look into the previous results you were getting further.

I’m going to close this thread. If the trouble occurs again with the settings which you re-saved, please let us know and we’ll be happy to help.