Custom Wooden Claymore Sword Build

More. Definitely more.

16 Likes

This is superbly nice and fine. Wonderful craftsmanship here.

14 Likes

This is truly a lovely sword.

13 Likes

Wonderful job, I too find the handle beautiful.

9 Likes

Gary Gygax would be awed. Nice work.

10 Likes

The winner of that sword is going to absolutely be thrilled! Great job, and wonderful maker details!

11 Likes

Marvelous work! The attention to detail is obvious, and I’m sure this thing is a joy to hold.

I’ve been saving brass powder whenever I saw a rod, waiting for the day I attempt a metallic inlay.

15 Likes

the two times i tried copper powder, i didn’t have the greatest success. i couldn’t seem to get all the bubbles out. i was using the super thin (like thinner than water) CA.

14 Likes

Everyone at Glowforge is envious of the person that won the sword. It truly is a masterpiece and thank you for making this for us!

16 Likes

That’s an awesome build! I love that you put a personal detail on the back, just for the person who wields and sword.

10 Likes

Magnificent!

I always enjoy reading about the techniques you use to make things.

Somehow, I had missed the previous uses of brass (and stone) powder.

11 Likes

Very cool!

8 Likes

An honor to be asked by Glowforge! Everyone here knows they asked you because you excel at every detail. Another outstanding project!

9 Likes

I showed my husband this and he said to say that as a fencer and a Scot he highly approves! (that is the replica Claymore I gave him)

11 Likes

He’ll probably also like the other similar claymore I made and its matching dirk:

10 Likes

I’m sure he will. I do!

6 Likes

Shy wave

So yeah, I am the person that won this incredible piece. I feel so lucky and blessed by this, especially since I had been working on finishing up an outfit for various fairs.

Thank you David!!

24 Likes

Aww You are the perfect person to have won this @stuart and the sword is the best accessory for your outfit!

11 Likes

Ahh, so glad it went to someone that can clearly appreciate it!

Also, someone that’s tall enough to pull it off! When I would pick it up, it’s like the sword was holding me. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

9 Likes