Customization made Easy

Got mine May 16th. I was never a car person. This car makes me happy to an extend I cannot describe :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Beautiful. Can hardly wait! :star_struck:

1 Like

Wonder what battery technology will be like (cost and chemistry) when we eventually have to replace it.

2 Likes

Take a look at this, Iā€™ve been following him since before ā€œMariaā€. The same cells seem to be used in the battery pack for vehicles.

Build your own Powerwall

BTW we pay over .40 a Kwh for electricity here, more than Hawaii. Insaneā€¦

YMMV

1 Like

I have a Model 3 on reserve ā€“ first day. Waiting until my job turns permanent in 5 monthsā€¦then I will reserve. Only thing is I am NOT happy that the red now costs so much more money than originally advertised. It was the only color I wanted but canā€™t justify that cost. :frowning: I may just get the black (I hate black cars for myself) and get it color wrapped.

Ah, to have that choice. Every car I have ever owned was whatever butt ugly color the previous owner tired of.

7 Likes

Yep me too. My current one is one that my bff owned, then gave to her daughter while she was in college, daughter upgraded and I bought it cheap from my friend. Just hoping it lasts another 6-7 months without a lot of expense. Fianceā€™ and I figured we could afford it together. :slight_smile:

Current vehicle has a dashboard that looks like a Christmas tree with half a dozen warning lights illuminated. The 4WD is broken along with other ā€œdeath trapā€ warnings and snow season is approaching in an area with little to no cell service to call for help. Drove 57 miles at 9pm last night on mountain roads and didnā€™t see another vehicle. I am too cheap to buy a decent car, but on a whim bought a Glowforge Pro. So what does that say about me? (BTW: I can hear you whisper ā€œstupidā€.)

8 Likes

Tells me you have your priorities right! You probably should fix the worst of the things on the death trap though.

3 Likes

A wrap installer that I follow on Insta has been doing a bunch of Teslas lately.

Electric Mustard:

@Livein3D I would guess you probably wonā€™t go for the matte black + chrome deleteā€¦

5 Likes

Appt. for pick up tomorrowā€¦

@jbv, wonder what a wrap on a 3 would cost on average?

1 Like

DONā€™T DO IT. Tesla is so 2017. You want a Transition from Terrafugia

2 Likes

If youā€™re going to pay to change the color of your already very expensive car, why oh why would you have it made the color of BILE? :face_vomiting:

5 Likes

Similar to a paint job, it depends a lot on where you are, the individual shop, quality/how complete of a wrap, and just a little bit on the color choice.

For example down in the bay area it would be between $3,000 and $4,500 from a well established shop doing a very good job. I have some guys here in town who would probably do it for closer to $2,000-$2,500 depending on some options. I would guess Denver would be somewhere in between.

If the vehicle being wrapped is black, there are some reasonable corners that can be cut to drop the price and still have a quality wrap.

If you see prices significantly lower than that, you are probably looking at the quality difference similar to the difference between a high-end autobody paint shop, and a quick Macco job (do you care if you see splashes and sections of the original color when you open the hood/doors/trunk, sloppyness around door handles and badges, potential peeling over the life of the product, that kind of thing).

I should also note that the 3M Prefered Installer / Avery Dennison Certified Installer programs are very tough, and any installers who have graduated from those classes and been awarded the title absolutely know what they are doingā€¦ and can offer warranties from the manufacturers that other shop cannot.

4 Likes

No one else has one.

1 Like

Yeah, thereā€™s a reason for that!

2 Likes

Thatā€™s not the worst color in the catalog.

4 Likes

Thanks for the explanation!

1 Like

For the Denver area, I have no qualms recommending Inkmonstr, or Pureblind near Columbine in terms of quality. Canā€™t speak to either of their prices.

1 Like

Check to see if anyone will Plastidip it. They make a formulation for automotive use. Tons of colors and a nice protection layer. It peels off too when you want to go back to paint.

2 Likes