Cut time svg layers

I’m cutting a logo for a trophy. it is a circle with words sound the ring. inside the ring is a outline of Mexico and a flag outline. the issue here is the three are engraved, because the client likes the bold lines. It prints each separately. If it printed the three together it would save a significant amount of time. the logo was drawn in AI and exported as an SVG. I would really appreciate any help you could provide.

Hatch it so you can use score

I’m not sure Hatch means.

hatch
you can draw a few lines 0.2 from another so you use score 3 circles instead of engraving

You could rasterize the file or maybe save is as a pdf making sure all of the engraving items are the exact same color.

Hi Bruce,

My name is Mercedes and I’m part of the Technical team here at Glowforge and I’ll be helping you troubleshoot today.

Slow performance could be due to the number of objects in your design. I’ve done some research, and I think you can fix this by reducing the number of print steps. I think in your case specifically step 4 will help a lot. You can change the colors of your lines, and this enables you to choose step by step how the Glowforge will cut the design like you were describing.

Here’s how:

1. Open your design from the design library.

2. Click on the 3 dot More menu, and then select Export Design.

3. In your design software, open the file that you exported.
    Note: If you’re not familiar with design software, you can learn about Inkscape and practice basic skills by following this tutorial.

4. Change all the lines that you want to group into one print step to a single color. Advanced users can learn more about using color to create print steps by reading the article Optimizing Your Prints: Print Steps, File Settings & More.

5. When you’re done editing, save your edited design as an SVG file, and then upload it to the Glowforge App.

When your new design has been uploaded, you can continue to work on it, adding more shapes or text as you wish!

Let me know if this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.