Cute Spice Jars

Great looking set.

Thanks!

These look great! I’ve been saving my empties to practice on but haven’t gotten to it yet. Thank you for the inspiration!

And thank you too! I have had them in the back of mind for a while and so glad they turned out so well!

Very nice.

Can you share a link for the jars, and post your engrave settings in the Beyond the Manual area?

2 Likes

Here you go: Spice Bottles Link and Settings

4 Likes

I absolutely love these. Great Job!!

1 Like

Thanks!

I FINALLY got mine completed! I wish I had the metal lids, I ended up with plastic…and not enough lids somehow (Post-a-note to order extra lids in the morning)…so glad I finally got enough jars (just not enough lids) and got them engraved…able to mark with a big checkmark that off my list. Thanks for the inspiration!

2 Likes

Awesome! Can we see a picture? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Of course! So still have 5 more that once I get lids will fill out the bottom shelf. The names are easier to see up close. I was thinking of a free hanging shelf but jeesh the ones I found online were $250 for ones that looked sturdy enough.

The shelving they are in I bought at the Container Store (Elfa shelving that hang on the door). Thank you for the link to the jars. One thing I learned is that my GF does not like the slightly larger jars.

HUGE shout out to @marmak3261 for helping me out on the jig…that saved me a TON of time.

6 Likes

Now that you have a SNAPMARKS jig it will be easy. :wink:. Thanks friend for helping us with the jig!!

1 Like

very nice

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them!!!

I don’t understand about the thin film of dish soap. how do you do that?

Just rub a glop (I think that’s the technical term) of straight, no water, dish washing soap on the area that is being engraved. I thought it was weird at first but it helps. Also be sure to rinse, not rub, the soap off of the piece there will most likely be little grains of glass imbedded in it.

2 Likes

I used the dishsoap film on my shot glasses worked like a charm.

1 Like

Great! Thank you so much

2 Likes

I am noticing after 1 1/2 years of using these jars that the engraving is starting to wear off on my jars we use the most frequently. I wonder if we should have put a resin coating over that engraved area? I’ve not used resin, but I don’t think a spray varnish would last either. THOUGHTS???

1 Like

I Am Four ? Good movie too.