Cute Spice Jars

I’m really keeping my GF busy lately! No, I haven’t named it yet like some of you have… Any suggestions?

I just finished these cute spice jars and love how they turned out. These will make a great gift!

I read all the tips on the list and don’t remember who said to use a then film of dish soap but it was brilliant!

53 Likes

Very nice! I have a set of those and still haven’t tried it. Thanks for the inspiration!

3 Likes

They look great! :grinning:

3 Likes

They do look great. The list of things I want to try and haven’t is growing longer by the day!

2 Likes

A fun project!

2 Likes

I love how they appear perfectly positioned. Did you do them one by one in the center or did you make a cardboard template?

2 Likes

Ooh, love these!

2 Likes

Lovely!
Since you’re using it for spice you could call it DuneForge! (Forgrrakis?)
(Sorry, was watching that last night :-P)

8 Likes

Very nice. Some day I would love to have all my spices in similar containers for ease in storage. These are great!

3 Likes

I was in too much of a hurry to use my first one, so it was just named “Glowforge” and I felt kind of guilty when I’d see all the clever names other people had given theirs.

Then it died, so while I was waiting for its replacement I made up for my initial shortcoming by giving the second one TWO names: “Ignatius Ordgar” (sharp fire).

Alas, Ignatius lived a very short life, and was replaced by #3, which was named “Charm” (because it was the third time, and I hoped the last!). My optimism was unfounded, however, as Charm also had to return to the mothership.

By then I’d become a bit jaded about the whole “cool name” thing, since it felt like an exercise in wasted effort, so #4 was just named “Four.” (There is a book I enjoyed with a character named Four, so that helped to justify my laziness.) So far, Four has been steadfast (as was his namesake), so I’m looking forward to a long and happy life with him.

I’m all out of names, so I don’t really have any suggestions. :wink: But I really like your jars!

5 Likes

Thanks! I made a template for placing the jars first, then placed the artwork over the jars. Painstaking… But all twelve were done at once.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the comments and back suggestions! :grinning:

Great looking set.

Thanks!

These look great! I’ve been saving my empties to practice on but haven’t gotten to it yet. Thank you for the inspiration!

And thank you too! I have had them in the back of mind for a while and so glad they turned out so well!

Very nice.

Can you share a link for the jars, and post your engrave settings in the Beyond the Manual area?

2 Likes

Here you go: Spice Bottles Link and Settings

4 Likes

I absolutely love these. Great Job!!

1 Like

Thanks!