Cuts are now much farther off pattern

Hello,

Today when i started using my glowforge my cut was pretty far off where it should be. So, i used another piece of wood and positioned it where the edge did not matter. As you can see by the pic my print is now 3/4 of an inch off left and right, but pretty much on track top and bottom. Ever since I have had my GF the cut has been pretty much 1/8 of an inch off and i just use the ruler to position my material accordingly. This is right under the center camera, it gets worse further toward the edge.

Have you run the Camera Recalibrator yet? If not you should run that to improve your alignment.

3 Likes

Also, make sure of two things:

1. You did not bump the head after the initial calibration. That will definitely throw it off. If so, just turn off the GF and turn it on again to force a recalibration.

2. Your material thickness setting is correct (check with a caliper, a small error here makes a huge difference in the camera placement accuracy), or use Set Focus (under the Gear Icon) to set the focus in the area on the material where you want to place the operation.

3 Likes

I have not, all i tried was cleaning the lenses… Ill try that.

After doing all that it said no improvements were made, unable to calibrate further. But, when i did another print it was back to 1/8 inch offset only which I am used to… so it somehow corrected itself.

3 Likes

I’m sorry that you ran into trouble with print alignment on you Glowforge. Has the issue reoccured since you last contacted us?

No, seems to be working again as normal. Thank you.

I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!