Cuts inconsistent/skewed

I frequently cut wood to stack and glue together (to make holders for various things) and despite the actual cut files being exactly the same, many times when I stack the items, there will be inconsistencies so that they don’t line up perfectly.

Usually it’s very minor, but there are definitely times where it’s just way off.

I always ensure the wood itself is perfectly flat on the bed.

Is there some way to get perfectly consistent cuts every time across the entire cutting area? Meaning, if I cut the shape out at the top left of the cutting area, I expect the same cut to be exactly the same in the bottom right.

This is possibly a belt tension issue. The machine cuts to smaller than 1/1000" precision, every time. Mine still does, and it’s three years old.

5 Likes

Hi @Shpigford, this is a great question.

Would you be able to share some examples where the cuts weren’t consistent? Sometimes just reviewing photos of these can help us understand what might be contributing to the issue.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.