Cuts not aligned to where I put them

On @Jules and @kennethclapp’s recommendation, I’m going to go ahead and start a new thread so Support can hopefully help me out.

My cuts are pretty consistently 1/4" to 1/2" off from where I place them on the bed image:

Example 1, not aligned directly under the camera, so you might expect this result:

Example 2, aligned pretty close to under the camera, but still pretty far off:
26 PM

3 Likes

Do those pieces of wood have parallel edges? The camera view shows the top edge slanting down to the left. If they are actually straight and flat on the bed then that shows the fisheye correction has gone wrong.

3 Likes

Was thinking the same thing!

2 Likes

Agreed.

I’ve seen misaligned jobs on my previous machine as well as others, but I haven’t seen exactly this. That 2nd image really says to me that @palmercr’s assessment is likely the correct one. We know it’s possible for them to do a hotfix to correct some lens distortion. Hopefully that will be all it takes to get you going.

1 Like

Yes, they do. Sometimes this has looked worse than you see in these photos, so I think you’re right.

Luckily it doesn’t effect the quality of the cuts, just the placement, so I’m at last able to use the machine.

1 Like

Thanks for posting this. I am taking a look.

Would you do a few things:

1. Check that your unit is on a flat and level surface and that your lid is completely closed
  2. Place Proofgrade™ material in the center of the bed and print the Founder’s Ruler using the default settings
  3. Take a screenshot
  • Mac: Press Shift-Command-4 and click and drag a box around your image. You’ll find the screenshot file saved on your desktop.
  • Windows: Click on the Start Menu and search for the Snipping Tool. Open the Snipping Tool > New then click and drag a box around your image. Click the Save icon and name and save your file.When the print finishes, without moving your artwork or your material, take a screenshot of the workspace to show us the difference between the artwork placement and the actual print placement. Make sure to include the rulers in your screenshot and show as much of the bed as possible.
  1. Send us the screenshot along with the date and time of the print, and I’ll investigate.

Thanks.

I would but I, like others in this thread (Continuous Error - We're sorry, an unexpected error has occurred) i seem to be running into a continuous error. Is the server having issues?

Print started at 12:50PM Pacific Time on 10/23/17.

Material: Proofgrade Maple Ply

Settings: Default

This was actually slightly better than some of my recent attempts.

Thanks for doing that.

Even though the print alignment looks better here, I’d still like to offer you a replacement unit. I will reach out to you via email with the details. I’m so sorry for the bad news.