Cutting and Etching way off the board

My GF has never done this before. I normally set it up and hit print and it goes, but for some reason it’s printing and cutting way off of where it should be.

Any ideas why?

Did the printhead accidentally get bumped, moved or nudged with the machine on?

1 Like

I thought about that and I dont think it did. There’s nothing that would bump it while its running either.

I watched it the second time and it just started cutting way off of where the cut line should have started on the left side

Have you turned it off and back on so it can recalibrate itself? If the head gets bumped with the machine on, the Glowforge loses track of where it is.

Hello @MorningstarMSI, thank you for reaching out to us. I’m sorry to see that your prints are so far off of where your design was placed. @dklgood is right, alignment that far off typically only happens when the printer head gets bumped. I’d like to have you try recalibrating your Glowforge following the steps below. Then try to run a small test print and let us know how it goes.

Could you please try the following to see if it resolves the issue?

1. Turn off your Glowforge (this is important to avoid damage to your unit)
  2. Open the lid and, using both hands, gently move the laser arm to the center of the bed
  3. Gently move the head under the lid camera
  4. Turn your Glowforge back on

Please let me know if you have any questions.

2 Likes

Before I did what you said to do, I turned it on and let it do the focus and centering and watched the print head. For some reason it wasn’t resetting all the way to the left after focusing and centering.

I did what you said to do and it’s fixed. Thank you!

I’m glad you resolved it and are up and running again! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!

1 Like