Cutting out images

How do I cut out an image if I don’t pay for premium? I want to engrave and cut out a picture of my son and his new baby but I can’t figure out how to cut it out since I don’t pay for that service anymore.

1 Like

You have to create a vector line in your graphics program by creating an offset. Alternatively, you can draw an oval/circle/rectangle around the photo and cut that out easily.

1 Like

So now I have to set the picture up in a program like inkscape?

1 Like

Yes if you don’t want to use an oval/circle/square.

2 Likes

I can’t use oval/circle/square because I don’t pay for premium. I us to use it when it was beta.

There is a design in the free design section that is a template with all of the shapes you will need. You can add it to your library and use it whenever you need a shape. Here is the link to it: Cut Shapes Template

There is a second version later on in the post. Right click the file and save to your computer as an svg, then upload into your library.

3 Likes

Thank you for the answer, @dklgood, that’s right!

@rdrdjunk, I think you may also find this tutorial helpful: https://support.glowforge.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034142473-Engrave-and-Cut-Out-a-Photo
Here is a longer one showing how to prepare and print a file: Print 3: Make a Gift Tag from Scratch.

You might also want to check out our Learn by Doing tutorial series if you haven’t already. It will help you build skills to achieve what you’re looking for.