My school just bought our laser cutter over the summer and I have some questions about cutting paper. So far I have learned;
- Paper need to be held still so it doesn’t move while cutting.
- We should buy a Seklema mat to hold the paper. It will be a while before we can order one. What else can we do or use?
- Use engrave instead of cut so it won’t just burn holes. (But cutting works as well…)
- Paper burns so watch the GF while it is printing. (Watch every time you are printing)
- We need to use a caliper to figure out the papers width. Done, It is 0.009. (I originally wrote 0.09 which was incorrect.)
What else do we need to know?
I am not sure what to do about Precision Power or Speed…
Thank you for any advice/help.