Cutting problem

Hello,

My glowforge is not cutting correctly.

I have this Inkscape file, the drawings are lined op but the glowforge cuts theme out of line.

And the second color (the outline) is cut through the first color.

But when I cut 1 drawing it goes well.

and previous files were also no problem.

Does anyone have an idea what I’m doing wrong?

ACT10!.zip (17.6 KB)

I looked at your file and can find no problem with it (it’s very cute, by the way). I’m wondering if you are cutting very thin material that is shifting due to the air assist. If so, you might consider a Seklema mat (check out this thread for more information on it), or some people have success with a piece of waste plywood coated with a repositionable adhesive spray.

Another thing you can check is the belts in your Glowforge (make sure there is no material on them), and watch closely the movement of the head during cutting, especially near the lower right, to make sure it’s not bumping the wall.

4 Likes

The file seems to cut fine for me.
IMG_3728

what material are you trying to cut it from, and how is it placed in the GF?

4 Likes

I’m sorry to hear your cuts aren’t turning out the way you expected. I’m afraid I’ll need a bit more information so I can investigate further.

Could you please let me know more details about the results you’re seeing (if possible, photos would be very helpful!), and the workflow you’re using to complete the print (for instance, are you completing this print in one job with separate cuts, separate jobs for each cut, or something else)?

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.