D&D Class Ornaments

Hey All! I just threw some simple D&D ornaments together for fun and figured I’d share. I have not tested these yet, but its a pretty simple patterns so it should be fine. Light blue=cut. Red=engrave.
Have fun and Happy Holidays!
ornament_rework

EDIT: The original file was, in fact not symmetrical. LOL. Big thanks to @evansd2 for going out of his way to fix the file! You rock!

PS: All should be in a symmetrical shape and centered, so you SHOULD be able to take it out and flip it for a double sided engrave.

41 Likes

Thank you very much. When I throw things together they never come close to looking this good.

5 Likes

Right?! It’s a nice simple design, but I’m pleasantly surprised with myself. lol

2 Likes

Very unique. thank you for sharing.

3 Likes

So if you’re definitely doing two sides, you can make the flipping process a lot simpler like this:

ornament_rework

First step: Engrave pink, cut large black rectangle around the outside.

Second step: flip entire rectangle horizontally, all at once.

Third step: turn off pink engrage, turn off black rectangle cut.

Fourth step: Turn on red engrave, turn on blue and green cuts.

You should get a nice doublesided ornament set with only one simple flip step.

14 Likes

That is pretty cool of you to do that for everyone. I have a question, though. Instead of having an offset, as it is, by flipping it horizontally… Couldn’t you flip it vertically and not need the offset?

Edit: Not that it matters. Just curious if there was something I was missing.

1 Like

Yeah you could. you wouldn’t need an offset in that case, and it might look tidier…

Here’s a vertical flip option:

ornament_rework

11 Likes

Thank you both

2 Likes

These look great! Thanks for the share.

3 Likes

Consider sharing common lines between parts. This will reduce your cut time, material wastage, and chance of flame-up. I see fourteen cuts that could be seven.

1 Like

This is what happens to me when I throw things together

7 Likes

Big OOF. If nothing else, I suppose you learn.

1 Like

Thank you! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice share! Thank you!

Thank you also, @evansd2 for your re-work!

1 Like

Very nice share! Thank you!

1 Like