Damaged cut lines on acrylic

Can anyone tell me what’s going on here? Laser is brand new. White acrylic is proof grade. Aqua is not. Both have masking. You can see along the cut lines, there are big divots. Harder to see on white.
Thanks for the help!

1 Like

Looks like flashback to me. Is that happening on the bottom? Try to adjust your speed up or power down until you don’t see that but you still get a clean cut.

11 Likes

I find that a heavy layer of cardstock placed between the material and the crumb tray reduces a lot of the flashback. Sometimes I take the crumb tray out and place solid pieces of wood under my material to get rid of flashback.

For my solid pieces of wood, I use stuff I cut off of palettes so pretty much garbage wood but triple check that there are no nails or staples in the wood.

For heavy card stock, when I do is go to the grocery store or Sam’s Club/Costco and go to where they have the packs of water bottles or even toilet paper and a lot of times, there are these big sheets of thin cardboard/thick card stock type material between the layers of products. A lot of times, 1 or 2 of those sheets are completely uncovered and pushed to the side or there is maybe just 1 or 2 items on a sheet. I just move the items and take the sheet of card board. The employees have never given me an issue for walking out with 1 or 2 of them. Especially if I’m buying other stuff or carrying a drink. I tell them I had lunch but I want to put my drink and these pieces of cardboard in the car first. You cut those down to size and that is a lot of flashback stopping material. I even use the stuff for prototyping new designs.

1 Like

Original post was from @alisonwheelersst

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.