Damaged Delivery Box shipped through UPS

A few days ago, after receiving my $7,000 Glowforge kit I sent this email to the “Hello” Glowforge address but no response. As you can see in the photos, my email was as a result of the badly damaged packaging when I received this very expensive unit. My concern is that I may be starting off with a damaged Glowforge Pro which cost me over $7,000. I need to have some confirmation that a new replacement unit will be sent or if I am stuck taking my chances by opening this box. What are my options?

1 Like

Mine was somewhat damaged when i got it but it wasn’t affected. When i opened the box, it’s well protected. You have a warranty so if something goes wrong, they will take it back.

3 Likes

Thanks for the quick response. I think you’re right so I should be good so will at least examine it.

You have documented the condition that the box was in, so I think you should set about setting up your Glowforge since they are quite well packed and probably survived the rough handling by UPS. By the way, the listed price for a Glowforge pro is 5995, so if you paid Glowforge more than 7000 something is off.

7 Likes

I’d ask for a new box! (If you have to return it for any reason, they’ll ask you to use the box it came in. )

Dklgood… Unfortunately, I don’t live in a tax free state and I purchased the $995 filter which will not work alone without the Glowforge so it was $7,400!

You can just tape the heck out of a damaged box to send them back. Probably most everyone who has received one has had a damaged box. Support is aware of many of them. It’s the inside packing that prevents most damage

3 Likes

Have fun when you get it all set up!Really a shame that you can’t vent your GF out instead…would have saved you a lot of bucks!

Yes, I finally opened the box and it looks perfect so far. Thank you.

Thanks again. Expecting the vent within the next day or so then will be ready.

support@glowforge.com might work better :slight_smile:

So the glowforge pro was not $7k, just to clarify and make sure we are all on the same page :slight_smile: I don’t live in a tax free state either.

Thank you

1 Like

Most of us have received machine at one point that the box had at least some damage. I just had a repair that they only had one person deliver it so they could not carry it properly .

The good news is that Glowforge, with all the experience of poor shipping, has improved the packing so most survive in spite of the shipping adventures. So you might want a box replacement but hopefully the machine will be ok.

1 Like

UPS is absolutely horrible when it comes to delivering theses machines. I had issues as well they left it at the bottom of the 3 steps that lead to my covered porch on its side exposed to the elements and insects with the name Glowforge facing outward so that everyone who passed by could read I had an expensive laser cutter and it sat there for several hours until my wife got up for work and was able to cover it up until I got home. Thankfully they pack these machines to withstand a drop off a building so everything in the box was fine. I had reached out to Glowforge and they were in continued contact with me until I had it up and running with no issues. Stick around long enough and yours won’t be the only story you hear about how horrible UPS is.

5 Likes

Erik, Thank you for the additional information. I finally opened the box and the internal packaging was in perfect condition. I can wait to fire it up in a day or so. Thank you again.

1 Like

You’re welcome. Good luck you will wish you bought it sooner. :grinning:

I’m relieved to hear it. Happy printing!

1 Like