Dangling Snowflake Ornament - redux

Somehow I find myself with one day until I go on vacation for the year and I have procrastinated til the very last minute to get a gift for my boss. Whoops! Guess I just make one!

Gratefully, I was inspired by last year’s snowflake design and tutorial by @ebrennan ( https://community.glowforge.com/t/christmas-ornaments-tutorial/104861 ) I updated the text and linked two non-engraved snowflakes with some spare chain I had laying around and a ribbon hanger. I think it turned out great with the time limit!

Here’s my version of the files (really credit needs to go to ebrennan with different text and then I did two new ones with holes on each end).

Ornament-all

As far as materials, I used a lovely iridescent acrylic from Iridescent Acrylic Plexiglass Sheet . One of these days I’ll get around to making soap bubble charms, which is what I would love to make out of this gorgeous stuff, photographs just don’t do it justice!

23 Likes

Nicely done. Thanks for the share!

3 Likes

Thank you for the share!

3 Likes

You are right – the iridescent acrylic makes a perfect snowflake!

I think it turned out great with the time limit!

This turned out lovely, and probably because of the time limit! I hope it gets hung on your boss’s rearview mirror so they can appreciate it for the rest of the winter!

3 Likes

Very pretty

2 Likes

Ooohh, very nice!!

1 Like

Great job and thanks for the share!