Dead space during engrave?

The last two projects we’ve attempted have this dead space towards the end of our print. Can anyone explain why and how? We haven’t done anything different, and the mysterious blank area doesn’t show up on the design anywhere, not in Inkscape or in the gf app. :thinking::pensive:

Is the “dead space” in the same place on the bed? Can you share the section of the file where this happened?

Vector or raster artwork?

Can’t see what you are talking about. Maybe an arrow to the area or a close up?

I’m no help but really cool engravings! :grinning:

1 Like

Hello @smiller4020 - Cool designs! I’m sorry to hear this issue has shown up during them, thanks for sharing those photos with us.

I just wanted to touch base and let you know we’ve seen your ticket and are looking into this issue on our end. We should be in touch tomorrow morning (4/29) after we’ve had a chance to dig in on this issue.

Hello @smiller4020

I’d really like to see if a change in material helps at all with this. Would it be possible to re-run one of these prints on a sheet of proof grade material so we can take a look at how those results come out?

Hi @smiller4020. It’s been a couple days since Mike’s last response and I wanted to check and see if you were able to try any of the prints on Proofgrade material to help troubleshoot. Feel free post any results, or let us know if you’re running into any further trouble. We’ll be here, and happy to help. Thanks!

Hello there @smiller4020 - It’s been a while since we’ve heard back from you. Hopefully that’s because everything worked out. I’m going to go ahead and close this topic for now, but please feel free to reach out again if you need any other help!