December 2015 Deliveries

I think your confused, checkout the FAQ

"The first Glowforge beta units are preparing for shipment now. Based on beta feedback, we’ll know if we can ramp production immediately, or whether we need to fix any issues before increasing production.

The next step will be to ship all of our preorders. All things being equal, we’ll ship based on the order date. Our plan is to have all the units that were ordered before 10/24/15 shipped in the first half of 2016."

Its just a estimate…

2 Likes

It would be nice to know if the 50 beta units have been sent out yet, and being used.

@Mike_C Wondering where the number 50 came from. Did you see something approaching that number from one of the forum members? Was it tongue in cheek? Was it your best guesstimate? Asking seriously, just in case I missed it in another post. Just looking for context.

I believe Dan said 50 units in his last live stream, I cannot find the number posted though.

I think an update would be nice. Just some word as to where they are with production and beta testing.

Yeah? I can assure you they lose nearly 50% of orders if that time comes and goes, and instead, it’s summer or later. First quarter is the time frame they gave. That’s a three month swing. It’s the shipping time frame.

It was crystal clear to me that beta units would begin shipping in Dec. from the initial information posted, and I understand I may see a unit in April - August.

I ran a delivery service for thirty years with a two hour window. I would tell the customer (over the phone) your delivery window will be from 11:00 to 1:00. I’d get there at 12:00, and I had one every week say " you said 11:00!!

2 Likes

“You are correct sir, I will be back at 1. Which is another time I said. Toodles!”

2 Likes

“Yeah? I can assure you they lose nearly 50% of orders if that time comes and goes, and instead, it’s summer or later. First quarter is the time frame they gave. That’s a three month swing. It’s the shipping time frame.”

I doubt they’ll lose that many, or even close. The product is just too unique and the market too hungry. As long as they’re giving updates, I think they’ll keep most orders.

4 Likes

Not sure where the 1st Quarter time frame came from but it’s not worth a “my memory is better than yours” duel.

FUD at work here in this thread. I read this blog post by Paul Graham that has given me perspective on intellectual and emotional investment in issues. TLDR: life is short. Choose your battles. Don’t engage in discussions that won’t further common interests.

3 Likes

“You are not obligated to attend every argument you are invited to.”

7 Likes