Deck in a Box

Realizing I am way behind on posting things here. I made a set of Tarot cards using MidJourney and needed a deck box to go with them. This was my first one:

It’s basically a box inside a box design, where the outer box cut in half about 3/4 of the way down to form a top that slides over the inner box.

Then I decided to try a Magic The Gathering size box and things just kind of escalated…

Then the new update to MidJourney landed and the illustration quality is off the charts:

I have about 4 gigs of MidJourney creations on my machine and that’s just the ones that I thought were worth downloading. One thing just seems to feed the other.

54 Likes

I need to ask for a MidJourney gift card for Christmas.

5 Likes

They’re set to offer annual rates for a discount if they haven’t started already. They’re also working out how to handle gift accounts so gift cards might be doable soon too.

Also nice deck boxes @shogun :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Eye candy! Thanks for sharing.

11 Likes

Step one

7 Likes

Outstanding work on that box man. I know the feeling of having to cut pieces out of good art, it sure paid off.

9 Likes

I love how clean line art looks when engraved. I mean, I know it should because it’s drawing the exact same lines with fire, but every time I see it I’m a tiny bit flabbergasted.

I love the layered box look - the division on the art is subtle enough that the eye just ignores it!

9 Likes

Lovely work.

7 Likes

Wow, those look great. The engravings are wonderful…as well as the painting!

6 Likes

These look amazing!

6 Likes

beautyiful. Inspiration for us beginners

5 Likes

The cards look nice, can you share printing & paper info?

6 Likes

That’s a lot of images! You may have a problem. :wink:

Generating images is definitely fun.

6 Likes

I used these guys for the cards:

7 Likes

Great boxes!

I never knew we could have playing cards made!

Thanks for sharing this link!

5 Likes

Your engraving is stunning!

3 Likes

Wow! nice engraves. Love that dragon!

4 Likes

There are dozens of companies that offer custom cards - I even seen them handed out as wedding favors :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Great link but I was so hoping you would show me an expensive printer. :wink:

3 Likes

Lead them not unto temptation :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes