Delivery Delay,Why?

Holy macaroni!! who is not doing their job over there? i´m in Norway and all the countries around us like Denmark and Sweden even Iceland had their device now on their working bench, now I have been really pasient after so many delays, at first i it was only 3 months (may 2017) but after more than probably 5 delays I thought it would come in November 2018 so I bought Adobe Creative cloud license , but then it was delayed until february 2019 and I thought ok I can handle that . Now you guys have moved the delivery date to June 30, 2019 and Air Filter September 30, 2019. It would be nice to get some explanation why every country around Norway got theirs and it takes only 10 days to get your GF if you order today inside US.
I got this email from you guys in Jun 7, 2017 you could maybe update it so I can see if it is worth it to wait 6-8 months (dates are overdue/expired )

"Extras
While it doesn’t make up for our delay, please know that for your incredible patience, we will be gifting you with:

$150 of premium Proofgrade materials. We think this is the very best way to get started with your Glowforge, and we’re confident you’re going to love what they can do.

A $20 gift certificate per month of delay, which we’ll calculate and credit to your account at the time your Glowforge Basic or Pro is ready. This money can be used towards purchases in the Proofgrade store or the Glowforge design catalog.

On top of that, you’ll get a $50 gift certificate for the Glowforge design catalog.

As a Glowforge Founder, you’ll also get a 10% discount on Proofgrade materials and in the Design catalog.

We’re extending that 10% Founder discount for another full year, until the end of 2018.

A $50 gift certificate from Inventables, so you can try out their unusual materials like glitter acrylic and veneer inlays.

Access to every design for every product we showed in our video, free, as we add them to the catalog and…

An extra 6 months on your warranty - extending your Glowforge Basic and Air Filter coverage to 12 months and your Glowforge Pro to 18 months warranty."

Regards Kris

2 Likes

Hi Kris,

There is no way for us to know exactly what the specific holdup for individual countries is, but at this point, I suspect that it has more to do with being granted permission to sell a potentially dangerous device in the individual countries. It’s a new product, and in order to receive certification, the government rules and regulations have to be followed and requirements met. It’s entirely possible that there’s a government holdup. (Perhaps too many rules/safety restrictions in your country?)

As soon as they get clearance, they start shipping to each country. And yes, Dan has said that international customers are still going to get the $20/month credit until the machines ship, and the warranty starts when you get your machine.

Hope that helps. I know they want to get the machines out to everyone as soon as they possibly can. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes