Design allignment is of

dear Glowforge @Dan ,
i am having lots of issues;
design that wil not upload several times.
it uploads a different design that I not picked.
it printed a design that I not picked.
design that partially print over another design. (one design uploaded)
designs appear out of the blue.
prints that won’t start. but eventual do after multiple cancels.
trace`s that are no good. not one good trace!!
and now design that shifts during printing. second print same design different shift.
crumbtray had one elevated rib gf send me a new one that is worse than the first.
spent hours and hours and money for materials.
i am stunned and sad and pissed.

i also found that the black bar where the ribbon is in where the laser is attached has a non smooth end. so the ribbon will be sanded over time and eventually fail.
the ribbon also touches the screws, that’s why I think the marvel calendar (see picture) is a fail.

this machine should be fun but I am only spending time trouble shooting.

I live in Europe (Netherlands) and that is why I give up. I forsee trouble when I keep this up.
sending the machine for repair will take to long. I bought the machine because @dan said there is no maintenance only wipe lenses every 40 hours.
I only have the machine a couple of weeks.
and al these problems. I don’t want to send it back but I see no other option.
I am asking for a refund !!

I’m so sorry to hear that you are running into trouble. I appreciate you taking the time to post such great information. I want to make sure I address each of your concerns.

Could you attach the design to this thread for me to review? If you would prefer, you can send it directly to support@glowforge.com

Would it be possible to obtain a screenshot of what you are seeing in the Glowforge app when this occurs?

Do you mean you aligned a design next to a previous design, and you experienced overlapping on the material, or you noticed two designs in your workspace in the Glowforge App, and only one printed?

Does this appear to occur in unison with the previous trouble you mentioned when designs were printing when you did not pick them?

When they are not starting, do you see any error messages inside of the Glowforge App? If so, would it be possible to obtain a screenshot of this error message?

Does this occur with manual settings or default settings?

I’m going to extract the logs from your Glowforge and review a trace to see what could be causing the trouble.

Could you attach or send us a photo to outline what you are describing?

I apologize for the long response, but I want to make sure we address each issue accurately, and help as much as we can. If you would prefer to email us directly, please let me know.

1 Like

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.