Design Export Improvements: 11/10/20 Latest Improvements

Check out these additional shortcuts (from the Support docs):

3 Likes

hi please help me my glowforge died out and i cannot get it to start i have orders to do losing money for this holiday HELP

Theyā€™ll get to you over on your own thread when it comes to your turn in the support queue. It just takes a while for them to do so.

Nevermind

I donā€™t think your issues are related to the Premium features. The only thing that changed was the process time - not the actual cut or engrave times.

Yes, as @dklgood said, only the cloud processing time, before the unitā€™s Print button starts to flash, is sped up with the Premium servers. Once the user presses the big Print button all operations run exactly the same whether you are on Premium or not. Your machine is operating fully independent of external control.

I wish there was a way that we could stamp out the perception that the Premium service somehow puts people in a slow lane or that print operations are slower, but it is next to impossible to prove without taking the time for a technical walk thru.

Now if you are saying that the pre-processing time before pressing the big Print button is slower I can only say, I doubt it. The company says no. But at least thatā€™s technically possible. Either way, preprocessing on 90% of my projects is less than a minute. Not going to save or lose a lot of time in that part of the operation. So if it were only speed there would not be a justifiable reason to pay for Premium.

2 Likes

Why canā€™t we export a design that was purchased or part of our monthly subscription? If we paid for it, shouldnā€™t we be able to export it?

The file is not ours to modify or sell or give away. The file remains the property of Glowforge and we have the right to use the file and sell or give away what we make using the file.

3 Likes

Because you donā€™t pay for the file itself, you pay for the rights to cut the file on your GF.

2 Likes

I would not modify, sell, or give away the file. Iā€™d like to use the file on a second laser I own (non-Glowforge).

Awesome. Thank you for that info. That is very helpful. Hmmmm what else am I missing out on?

Would be beneficial to export all of a users settings, so they could be imported to another userā€¦ so i would not have to retype things my wife didā€¦
John

At worst you could use a screengrab. I have named mine ā€œmaterial, thickness,note, speed, power, lpi, passesā€ only using lpi in engraves of course. The note (usually in engrave like deep, or lite, dot, etc)

True @rtbdanforth but that perhaps give a photo record, but does nothing to aleviate the need to re-type it all in. This should be the easiest thing to doā€¦ a button that says ā€˜share settings with all usersā€™ or something? ā€˜Backup / restore settingsā€™?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.