Design folders and painted grid on honeycomb insert

I know it’s been asked about being able to create folders for our designs. It’s amazing how many pages I now have. I know there was a search area but sometimes I forget what I named the design Folders would be so helpful.

The second request…I would love to have the honeycomb insert have a painted measurement grid of some sort so I know where the direct center is located. The measurement in the design area is useless in my opinion. Would love to be able to open the lid and know exact center of the insert.

4 Likes

The crumb trays have some wiggle room - unless you install something like the boot. Once you’ve done so , you can determine where your center is and mark it easily enough.

They’d have to eliminate the wiggle and do something significantly stronger than paint, since we run a laser over that grid :slight_smile:

6 Likes

A lot of people have requested about the grid on the tray. I am sure just putting a grid on the tray is simple to do but for the grid to match the app interface, it doesn’t really work that way. Glowforge is sold for precision. There are very slight variations in the glowforge bed from glowforge to glowforge because of simply manufacturing. I have a full mapping of my glowforge bed that maps perfectly to my app but I had to ask my glowforge to make it for me and basically show me where it thinks points are on the bed. I have two glowforges and the map that one makes does not work perfectly for the other because of the slight difference in the machine bed.

Also, there is the crumb tray wiggle room that will effect it. So if GF put a grid on the crumb tray, there is so many things that would make it not map to the specific machine. You can grid your glowforge but its something you have to do yourself with your specific setup. If you relocate your machine or change parts like the print head, you will have to make a new grid. I guess you could have glowforge make one for your machine but that would mean they would have to come to the spot you have set it up at and make it and then if you move the machine, they will have to send someone back out to make a new mapping.

But seriously, check out the posts in the tips and tricks section for if you want a grid of your glowforge that maps to the app.

5 Likes

Thank you so much for that information.

2 Likes

That’s a great idea for a feature - thanks for the suggestion! We haven’t announced anything like that yet, but I’m going to send it to our product team with a note that it came from a customer request.