Design from Illustrator Burning on Back - Multiple Passes on Some Lines

I am new to Illustrator and Glowforge. I created some designs I really liked by replicating shapes using Illustrator. The lines all say they are 1pixel and looking at it in Illustrator, the lines all appear to be the same width. But when I actually cut it, some of the lines are getting 4 or 5 passes while others get one. This is resulting in the backs being burned. (I’m using the medium draft board to test.)

Any recommendations?

1 Like

Yes, you will want to check for duplicate paths…they are very common and they will create multiple passes.

Change your Viewing Mode to Outline in whichever program you are using for design, then zoom waaaaay in. You can shift one outline and see if there is another one underneath it, or sometimes you will see several very close together. Just delete the unneeded ones from the file before re-saving it.

4 Likes

Thank you so much! I see the paths now and am deleting duplicates. I really appreciate it!

3 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve hit this snag, but I’m so glad to hear that the steps @Jules outlined were helpful.

I’ll close this thread for now, but please don’t hesitate to reach out to us in the future if you run into any more trouble. We’re here to help!

1 Like