Designs disappearing twice

This is my first time using the machine. I cut a design and it didn’t cut the way I wanted it to but when I went back the design had disappeared. I redesigned it and then hit print but the machine wasn’t picking up the code for the wood so I exited out. Now my design is gone again. I’ve saved it under a name. Am I missing hitting a different save button?

Are you looking at your home screen at app.glowforge.com? It should appear there with the name you gave it. If it doesn’t, clear your cache and restart your browser – usually when things get weird with the UI, that fixes it.

Also, it’s a really good idea to do the “first cuts” tutorials, so you have a better idea of how things work – lots less frustration that way! :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s there but it’s blank. I’ll try refreshing.

If you happened to clear your design off the GFUI then the file would show up as blank. Took me a bit to figure that one out.

1 Like

Yes^
The UI remembers the last state of the file, so if you delete it the file will be blank when you reload it.

Thanks for the answer @geek2nurse , that’s right. I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.