Designs missing in the Glowforge APP

I was just sitting down to print something I created and it’s MISSING from my APP area. I am NOT HAPPY. I now have to recreate this and other missing files from scratch when they were already dialed in. Anybody else having this issue? WHY can’t Glowforge figure out a way for us to USE Glowforge without storing our designs, etc. on their service???

If you bought your GF after last November (or thereabouts) there’s a limit on how long designs are stored on the servers. That’s one reason why they’ve made them downloadable now, so we can store them locally, along with the settings that were used.

I guess I’m old school, but I always keep my original design files on my hard drive anyway, so if something happens to the cloud version I don’t lose my work.

7 Likes

That sucks. :frowning:

Definitely back up your designs (with settings, if you’re so inclined). That’s always a good rule of thumb no matter where your stuff is stored.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear that some of your designs are missing. We need a bit more information to investigate.

• Information about the browser you are using.
  • A screenshot of the error you are getting.

Please do the following:

1. Go to https://www.whatismybrowser.com/
  2. Look for the header that says “Your web browser’s unique URL”
  3. Click the button that says “Copy URL to Clipboard”
  4. Reply to this, and paste in the link provided

If possible, could you please post a screenshot of what you see in the Glowforge app when this happens? Make sure to include the rulers in your screenshot and show as much of the bed as possible

To take a screenshot:

• Mac: Press Shift-Command-4 and click and drag a box around your image. You’ll find the screenshot file saved on your desktop.

• Windows: Click on the Start Menu and type “snipping tool”. Open the Snipping Tool > New then click and drag a box around your image. Click the Save icon and name and save your file.

This will help us understand the circumstances around your error so we can work on it for you.

huh? We are free to store our own designs anywhere we please.

3 Likes

Hi @roman1. It’s a been a couple days since David’s response. I wanted to check in and see if you were able to complete any the troubleshooting steps to help us decide on any next best steps to help with any missing designs. Feel free to send that over, and we’ll be happy to take look to help resolve this. Thanks!

1 Like

Hello @roman1

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.