Designs not loading

I deleted several of my default designs on accident as well.

Can you restore mine? Namely the keychains.

Thanks for your patience.

It looks like one of the parts on your Glowforge is damaged. Donā€™t worry, we can ship you a new part. When the part ships, weā€™ll reach out via email with the tracking information, as well as instructions on how to replace it.

We hope to get you back up and printing as quickly as possible.

I deleted several of my default designs on accident as well.

@dtfrench We try to keep to one topic per post in the Problems and Support section. Can you create a new post with this question?

My glowforge is damagedā€¦or dtfrenchā€™s glowforge? I hope itā€™s not mineā€¦I just got this one :frowning: And if itā€™s mineā€¦you can tell from that photo?

Edit - I just reread and saw it was just a part. That makes me feel a little better :slight_smile: (Even though I know itā€™s no ones fault, itā€™ll just be really nice when I have my forever one that works perfect! I can dream right?) :smiley:

Edit again - Iā€™ve been noticing this machine burn deeper than the last as wellā€¦but I was attributing it to the new settings. Maybe itā€™s the same damaged part thatā€™s causing the grainy engraveā€¦

Ok, I had a thoughtā€¦I just checked my laser head, and the lens had dropped. I used the lens tool and pushed it back up into the head as far as it would go, and cut the gift of good measure again. It engraved smoother than that pic above to start, but it got worse the further into the print (still smoother overall). After that one cut, I rechecked the lens in the laser head again, and alas, it had dropped down againā€¦after only one small print.

Orā€¦is the lens supposed to be dropped down in the head? I really donā€™t know how this machine is supposed to workā€¦Iā€™ve never built one! :smile:

Not answering about your particular issue or for Support.

Just FYI: The lens moves up and down inside the head to focus. Shouldnā€™t hurt anything, but donā€™t push it up. It seats itself to the proper position magnetically.

2 Likes

Ok, I wondered about that. I thought that might be how it works, after thinking about it for a bit.

1 Like

Hey @jaz! Just wondering if I do in fact need a replacement part, or if one was sentā€¦? If an email was sent, I did not receive that either.
Thanks!