Designs will not render and older designs in library not showing thumbnails

been using my glowforge quite a bit for last several days. had an internet hiccup earlier today and now things are not working properly. when trying to upload a design i am getting an error shown below and also the design library isn’t showing thumbnails for any of my previously uploaded designs.

internet is working fine at the moment. i have rebooted the whole house (modem, router, firewall) and the glowforge, i
have logged out and back into app.glowforge.com and still not having any luck.

Google Cloud computing is apparently having problems right now, and it’s affecting Glowforge operations. Best to wait it out.

2 Likes

It’s not just you. Their cloud is having issues. It seems to be intermittent and getting better, so keep trying!

1 Like

okay glad i’m not the only one!

1 Like

Yup - I felt exactly the same way!

1 Like

It’s a shame that there’s no way to use our machines offline. It’s a good thing I don’t rely on it as a source of income.

1 Like

I do… and I can say that the .1-.2% of downtime experienced doesn’t really impact the bottom line.

There are plenty of reasons to argue for and against cloud-dependency, but downtime from a service outage is one of those things that just doesn’t really add up in the end for almost anyone.

4 Likes

I imagine once you do the math it isn’t a huge deal, I just don’t like being locked out of my own tools. The epilogs I used in the past spoiled me I guess.

It would be nice if statuspage.glowforge.com gave an accurate indication of the status, which it’s not doing right now.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure that shows us the functions from GF’s point of view, as in: data that is being transmitted is being received and processed…the GFUI issue is that we can’t get it to send any data :-/ From what others have indicated the problems are on the other side of the cloud

Yup - shortly after I posed. Now that Google’s non-response has been noted:

1 Like

If I wasn’t trying to furiously finish the table stands for my wedding in 26 days it wouldn’t be a big deal but of all days…

2 Likes

it hit me in the middle of showing it and etching children’s drawings at a maker faire. it’s always a really bad time for someone when these things happen.

5 Likes

Yes, but especially frustrating/embarrassing when one is trying to demonstrate a tool’s functionality. I couldn’t believe this happened to coincide with your event. :unamused:

1 Like

yeah, it didn’t shine the best light on the machine. and i did have at least two people come by and say, “yeah, the cloud was a stupid idea for running the machine” in front of a crowd.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry for the difficulty. We were experiencing a system outage at the time of your report and I believe this caused the issues you were seeing. The cause of the outage has been resolved and you can find more details at status.glowforge.com. If you’re still running into trouble, please start a new thread. Thanks for your patience!