Desperate for an answer!

Hello. I hooked up my machine yesterday. I followed all the correct steps and connected it to wifi no problem. I turned it on and a yellow light appeared saying my machine is too cold to operate. I live in Southern California. It doesn’t get cold, lol. My house was at 75 degrees and I turned it up to 80 degrees. Still, too cold. I have also noticed that when I turn it on, the laser head does not move at all. I turned it on and off more times than I can count, unplugged it, reset the wifi, took off the laser head and reattached it, cleaned the lens, moved the laser head underneath the camera, and NOTHING is working. I have not even engraved or cut anything yet. PLEASE HELP.

Support’s probably going to have to take a look at the metrics for it, but don’t worry, they will get it squared away one way or another. :slightly_smiling_face:

In the meantime, boring as hell I know, but use the time to cruise the forum Tips and Tricks section to start getting familiar with how it works.

Thanks! Last night I researched for 6 hours and I feel like I have tried everything and it’s still not working. I have read that it takes awhile for a response but I’m hoping it doesn’t. I just can’t believe this is happening considering it is brand new. :frowning:

Unfortunately, it can happen that a machine can get a faulty thermostat. (It doesn’t happen very often, but we’ve seen it a couple of times.)

Only they need to look at it, they monitor the machines, and we can’t see the data for them.

If that’s the issue, they’ll make it right, but it’s a bit of a bother for the customer.

Anyway, best of luck!

1 Like

I did read about a few people having a faulty thermostat. But, my laser head will not move as well. I can move it manually no problem, but for some reason the machine won’t. It just continuously makes the fan sound. No ticking. I wonder what that could be. I really hope I don’t have to return it and they are able to diagnose the problem.

Do you know how long it takes for tech support to reach out to you?

Thank you! And thank you for your help. :slight_smile:

It’s Sunday, but they sometimes have someone do a quick Forum check for issues. No telling when it might be though. They’ve been getting back to people within a day though lately, so it won’t be long in any case. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hang in there…they’re really wonderful machines. :wink:

Oh, okay. I know tomorrow is a holiday as well, but I also know that some people don’t get it off. So, not sure if they do or not. But fingers crossed for a quick reply!

I’m trying! Haha. I’m just so bummed I didn’t even get to use it and it’s already not working properly. :frowning:

1 Like

@Jules - Happy cake day!

1 Like

Thank you very kindly! (3 whole years! whew!) :smile:

Meanwhile I would check the cable connection to the Laser head. It can look good but when wiggled to sit better suddenly the Heat/cold issues go away.

1 Like

Is that the white cable connected to the laser head? If so, I have checked it thoroughly. :confused:

I have tried everything and there is still a yellow light, the laser head still won’t move, and it’s still saying it’s too cold. I’m out of options at this point. Looks like I’m just going to have to wait until Glowforge responds. :confused:

I’m so sorry to hear your Glowforge was damaged in shipping. I’ll send an email shortly to arrange a replacement.