Details on what the Proofgrade wood is composed of?

Basically, I would like to know where the wood is sourced from and what are the ingredients of the finishing they use - also, is it tested on animals? I’ve looked around for info and haven’t found anything. Thanks!

Only Glowforge personnel can answer these questions, and they don’t monitor the forum. Email Glowforge directly.

4 Likes

They never got back to me. Hoping someone else had better luck.

I can’t think of any reason they’d test the finish on animals. :woman_shrugging:t2:

6 Likes

You should be able to request a Material Safety Data Sheet on the product. I think it’s required by law for them to supply it to you upon request.

5 Likes

It’s mind blowing how much is tested on animals still. 3M still tests on animals which I see they are using for the veneer. PPG, Ready Seal, and Glidden still test on animals too. You never know.

Yes! I didn’t think of that. Thank you for the helpful response!

I can’t see that it would provide much useful information about how the finish works, using it on animals. :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

I think it’s more for allergic reaction warnings but yeah, agree.

It’s never been brought up before that I am aware of. GF has changed suppliers over the years.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.