Did not cut through on PG material

Just tried 3 times to cut Medium Cherry Plywood. It did not cut through…It has its own default settings since it is Proofgrade, so why didn’t it cut? It cut for me earlier today, so I am not sure what is going on!
Thanks for any feedback

Have you cleaned your lenses recently?
Was the material pinned down?
Were you using a :glowforge: provided design?

2 Likes

Hi @screamingcocka2. I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been running into some trouble with recent prints not cutting through Proofgrade Medium Cherry Plywood. I’ll be happy to help troubleshoot this with you.

I was able to extract the log files from your Glowforge and review some recent print attempts. I noticed that there were some prints run using Proofgrade Medium Cherry Plywood, but weren’t run with the Proofgrade default settings. This can create trouble with print results, however, to help me rule that out, I’d like to have you try running our Gift of Good Measure test print on the Proofgrade Medium Cherry Plywood with Proofgrade defaults by following the steps below:

1. Turn on your Glowforge
  2. Place Proofgrade Draftboard in the bed and load the Gift of Good Measure design. If you don’t have Draftboard, you can use a different piece of Proofgrade material.
  3. Print the Gift of Good measure using the default settings. Allow the print to finish.
  4. When the print finishes, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the picture of the bed updates.

If it fails to completely cut through, please send any photos of the front and back of the material, along with the date and time of the print. We can use that for further review with your unit’s log files and decide the next best steps to get this resolved. Thank you!

Hello @screamingcocka2, its been a few days since we heard from you so I wanted to check in. Are you still having cut through trouble? If so, were you able to try the steps my colleague Brandon posted?

If the trouble has been resolved, please let us know and we will close this thread.

My apologies…I have gone out of state so I am not near my Glowforge to run tests and I just got wifi service for my computer so I am just now reading these posts. I will not return home until the first of April and can run the test then if you don’t mind keeping the post open…if not how might I respond to you at that later date?

1 Like

Thank you for the update! We don’t want you to feel pressured to get back to us before you’re ready and we aren’t able to keep a ticket on-hold in our system for very long, so I’m going to go ahead and close your ticket for now.

When you’re ready to proceed, email us at support@glowforge.com and mention Support Ticket 289836 . We’ll then be able to pick up right where we left off and can finish troubleshooting the issue with you. I hope you enjoy your trip and wish you safe travels!

2 Likes