I noticed that our Glowforge is making a different noise that it didn’t make before. Not sure if I could describe it as a ticking noise - but see attached.
The GF was used yesterday, and didn’t have any problems - no weird sounds. This morning, when I went to put in a different material, I heard this noise…maybe a ticking type of noise?
We recently vacuumed the exhaust fan from the outside (almost 1 week ago), and the GF hasn’t had a ton of use since then (maybe 15-20 hours max, and using Proofgrade materials). I cleaned the lenses/camera again, vacuumed the exhaust fan area - both inside and out - as best as I could.
Any suggestions? https://youtu.be/SkDT-RhF-vw
That sounds like the fan is on to me? 6 hrs ago I’m sure you’ve already cut so how did it go!?
Thank you for sharing the video. The noise is likely coming from one of the fans in your Glowforge. I’d like to have you run a quick test for us to record the sound while a print is running. Could you do the following?
- Remove any material from the bed, leaving the crumb tray
- Turn the Glowforge on and go to app.glowforge.com
- Upload or select a simple, quick design, such as a single outline cut
- Click “Unknown” to select a material
- Search for and choose “Thin Natural Leather” as your material
- Start the print (Note: This may create some odor, but it is not hazardous)
- Take a video of the print
- Reply to this post with a link to the video of the print.
Once we have that we can follow up with next steps.
I have a feeling that the GF wanted turkey (and possibly a break) for Thanksgiving.
I hear the same noise. (Either that or I’m hearing things…)
If you mean the ticking sound in the head at the end of the print… Normal.
Calibrating the head lens.
There’s a faint other clicking-ish noise there too beyond the ticking noise…
But since Monday, the sound has disappeared.
I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re here to help!