Disconnected during print and won't connect again

My glowforge worked great for about 2 weeks. In the middle of a print, it stopped and was showing as disconnected. Now it won’t connect at all since. I’ve tried my internet and also my mobile hotspot( which both worked before). Any ideas as to what is wrong? I looked through the forum but I may have missed a similar post so sorry in advance and thank you!

When you say you tried and it worked before do you mean you went through bringing up the teal light and connecting to a new WiFi and it didn’t connect, or something else?

Before the teal light came on and it connected just fine. Ever since is disconnected during a project, the teal light will still come on but it won’t connect to my home internet or my hotspot.

I did a hard reset and it connected for about 2 minutes and then disconnected itself again

Can anyone recommend what to do? All help greatly appreciated!

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re running into trouble. I’ve extracted the log files from your Glowforge Basic to review your most recent connections, and compare it with the details you’ve provided. It appears your unit is experiencing trouble properly applying a firmware update, due to a low signal strength to the network it is connected to.

In these logs we have a record of the average signal strength the Glowforge is capturing from the network it’s connected to. On average, this signal strength has been low over the last week, with average strength at around -57dBm as of today. For more context, on networks with very good signal strength, this will often run closer to -30dBm. A signal strength at -70dBm or lower would be very difficult to stay connected to.

This update may take several minutes to complete, especially if the Glowforge is experiencing trouble establishing a stable connection. Could you please do the following for me?

1. Turn the Glowforge on (only use the switch on the back - there’s no need to push the button on the top of the Glowforge for these steps)
  2. Wait about five to ten minutes

If the Glowforge reboots and the printer head begins to move, please sign in at app.glowforge.com. If you don’t see any motion or the Glowforge rebooting after ten minutes, please let me know.

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.