Discussion of April 2020 update

Thank You!!

1 Like

did not know that drag/drop worked like that - thanks !

1 Like

Also, I don’t see the Big Plus with a Circle after creating the design anymore?

Centered on your screen near the top…

3 Likes

I did my best to read the announcement and all the discussions, buts it’s possible I missed it… @dan , how much is this new feature going to cost after the free trial is over and how long is the free trial going to last for?

Also, I LOVE :heart_eyes: the updates. I’m slowly learning inkscape and affinity designer (being the better one so far) but for the less tech savvy out there this opens a whole new universe. I also love that we can mix our own media and add to it with the new features. The trace object is awesome to creat a cut around your work

Overall I love the update, just hope it’s going to be affordable to use too!

Also, I just made this for my pup Echo, 100% with the new upgrade. (I know this photo doesn’t belong here but it’s relevant to this upgrade)

4 Likes

@dan said that the air filter is on sale?
I’m still looking for this “sale” price. Looks like full price…

From the announcement:

One definition of “on sale” is “available for purchase.” That’s the way I read it and, I believe, the way it was intended. Previously, you could not purchase the Glowforge Air Filter separately in the online shop. Now, you can.

11 Likes

haha I suppose so. I read “for sale” and “on sale” as two different things.

5 Likes

If we make something during the trial using the premium feature, will they go away when our trial ends?

2 Likes

That is a *** great *** question.

1 Like

It should not. Just as your design library can hold files you did not create today, anything that is there is stored in the cloud ready to print “forever”.

Obviously, you would want to be careful you didn’t accidentally delete or corrupt it, so work with a duplicate.

What @eflyguy said seems probable. But be aware that if you lose the premium features you can only edit the size of a project stored on the GF servers. Won’t be able to do much else. There is no capability to download to your computer for design changes or editing.

2 Likes

Following the instructions about getting my pre-ordered air filter in the April Update, but everytime I try to glowforge.com/shipping it just keeps taking me back to the FAQ on shipping it… What am I doing wrong?

https://glowforge.com/settings/purchase-history

See if there are any messages there. I need to contact support as there’s a message there about My original purchase. I assume it’s in relation to the air filter as I’ve gotten the forge.

1 Like

Hmmmm…good question. I will need to look there since everything with my GF and filter was ordered 4 years ago.

Love all the new updates and upgrades! Just made my first part solely on the Glowforge UI

10 Likes

Good news and bad news:
You can tag me all you want, I don’t mind at all!
…but I don’t read my tags or DMs on this forum. I just read bits of Everything Else and Made on a Glowforge unless something particularly catches my eye.

Not taboo at all.

We don’t have a price or ship date yet, but we’ll tell you at least a month before it starts. We have many more features (beyond just design tools) in mind.

Fantastic! Personally, I just made an exhaust vent so I could bring the Glowforge into the living room for the day - 100% design tools + pro passthrough.

5 Likes

I’m wondering if I can expert my design to my computer and add or delete stuff to it? If I’m reading your comment you are saying this is not possible, right?

2 Likes

That is correct.