Discussion of April 2020 update

Thank You!!

1 Like

did not know that drag/drop worked like that - thanks !

1 Like

Also, I donā€™t see the Big Plus with a Circle after creating the design anymore?

Centered on your screen near the topā€¦

3 Likes

I did my best to read the announcement and all the discussions, buts itā€™s possible I missed itā€¦ @dan , how much is this new feature going to cost after the free trial is over and how long is the free trial going to last for?

Also, I LOVE :heart_eyes: the updates. Iā€™m slowly learning inkscape and affinity designer (being the better one so far) but for the less tech savvy out there this opens a whole new universe. I also love that we can mix our own media and add to it with the new features. The trace object is awesome to creat a cut around your work

Overall I love the update, just hope itā€™s going to be affordable to use too!

Also, I just made this for my pup Echo, 100% with the new upgrade. (I know this photo doesnā€™t belong here but itā€™s relevant to this upgrade)

4 Likes

@dan said that the air filter is on sale?
Iā€™m still looking for this ā€œsaleā€ price. Looks like full priceā€¦

From the announcement:

One definition of ā€œon saleā€ is ā€œavailable for purchase.ā€ Thatā€™s the way I read it and, I believe, the way it was intended. Previously, you could not purchase the Glowforge Air Filter separately in the online shop. Now, you can.

11 Likes

haha I suppose so. I read ā€œfor saleā€ and ā€œon saleā€ as two different things.

5 Likes

If we make something during the trial using the premium feature, will they go away when our trial ends?

2 Likes

That is a *** great *** question.

1 Like

It should not. Just as your design library can hold files you did not create today, anything that is there is stored in the cloud ready to print ā€œforeverā€.

Obviously, you would want to be careful you didnā€™t accidentally delete or corrupt it, so work with a duplicate.

What @eflyguy said seems probable. But be aware that if you lose the premium features you can only edit the size of a project stored on the GF servers. Wonā€™t be able to do much else. There is no capability to download to your computer for design changes or editing.

2 Likes

Following the instructions about getting my pre-ordered air filter in the April Update, but everytime I try to glowforge.com/shipping it just keeps taking me back to the FAQ on shipping itā€¦ What am I doing wrong?

https://glowforge.com/settings/purchase-history

See if there are any messages there. I need to contact support as thereā€™s a message there about My original purchase. I assume itā€™s in relation to the air filter as Iā€™ve gotten the forge.

1 Like

Hmmmmā€¦good question. I will need to look there since everything with my GF and filter was ordered 4 years ago.

Love all the new updates and upgrades! Just made my first part solely on the Glowforge UI

10 Likes

Good news and bad news:
You can tag me all you want, I donā€™t mind at all!
ā€¦but I donā€™t read my tags or DMs on this forum. I just read bits of Everything Else and Made on a Glowforge unless something particularly catches my eye.

Not taboo at all.

We donā€™t have a price or ship date yet, but weā€™ll tell you at least a month before it starts. We have many more features (beyond just design tools) in mind.

Fantastic! Personally, I just made an exhaust vent so I could bring the Glowforge into the living room for the day - 100% design tools + pro passthrough.

5 Likes

Iā€™m wondering if I can expert my design to my computer and add or delete stuff to it? If Iā€™m reading your comment you are saying this is not possible, right?

2 Likes

That is correct.