Discussion of April 2020 update

Yes!

Thank you for the feedback - that would be a great improvement.

You have a lifetime free subscription to Glowforge Print, which is all the software required to run the machine you already bought, and all the features you paid for when you bought it.

We’re creating some new features that you might like, though, and you’ll have the opportunity to upgrade to receive them if you want. We’re starting out by giving them to you for free, though.

Great suggestion - thank you!

All your designs are automatically saved all the time, instantly! There’s no way to save them to your computer yet - but I’ll pass that request along.

8 Likes

Great Update! Exciting times in the laser world!!

1 Like

Superb ! Thank you all at the Glowforge team for a great update in such challenging times.

1 Like

For now, go to “the noun project” - you can browse there, once you find what you’re looking for, you can grab it in the UI using search (although not all are available, for obvious reasons!)

5 Likes

Actually, you can use the new outline function on the text to cut it out. Give it a try!

1 Like

Thank You! I didn’t see it in my library after cutting but will look again. :grinning:

How bout being able to nest. That would be amazing!

4 Likes

Very cool about the updates, on a day that started as multiple bits of bad news, this adds a rainbow to the clouds! I can see the addition of simple design software to be a great way to get people making faster, especially students! Fantastic job, and I’m still proud to say that Glowforge is one of the few companies that I am still very happy to support.

Thank you and the whole team for all the hard work!

8 Likes

Awesome update! Happy to see a lot of new features rolling out!

I was wondering if we will ever get the sort feature for the dashboard OR turn off the auto sort that was just rolled out?

The reason I ask is I had ALL of my designs loaded into their correct order grouped by project and it was easy enough to find them when I needed to produce something because I knew exactly where it was. Now with the new auto sort it seems like it will be a project in itself to figure out the last time I cut something in order to cut it again.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Perfect, thanks for the source!

Hey Dan. I just checked and my design from yesterday is still not displaying in the catalog. Any ideas? “Sam” :upside_down_face:

I can create a new design/upload file but once I’m in the design, how do you upload another design file into the design I already have.

Drag and drop or use the upload function under the big plus with a circle around it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You should post in Problems and Support for help with this. (And don’t tag Dan, he’s a busy man, that’s why he has hired and trained support staff to help us with our issues!)

2 Likes

This is the sort of thing you want to open a support ticket for. You can do that by either posting in Problems and Support or sending them an email. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not sure if it is taboo to talk about other platforms, but this is kind of like the Cricut platform. I think this is great! It is super easy to use for newbies, yes it costs money. But once you start to get the hang of things you figure out how to save money. Or if you are in a pinch, you search and find what you need, pay the $1 and use it, easy! In case you haven’t, which I’m sure you have, please check out there software for ideas.

Also, PLEASE ADD A DUPLICATE BUTTON!! That would be so helpful!! Thank you!

As for the duplicate button, you have always had the option to select any item and paste a duplicate or select the entire design and copy it. You cannot, however, just rerun a project if that is what you mean.

1 Like

Really, I have tried selecting>copy>copy again and nothing. If I do the save image as, it downloads it? I’m doing something wrong?

Are you talking about this?

You have to use the little arrow in the corner to get to it.

If you want to copy an object within a design, I think the only way is to use the keyboard. Click it and then control-C, control-V (or command, if you’re on a Mac).

5 Likes

Yay! Control V> Ctrl C worked! I was right clicking!!!

3 Likes