Discussion of (early!) July update

Believe me, we discussed it. :slight_smile:

39 Likes

This all sounds great! Thanks for the update, @dan!

3 Likes

If you do a greyscale engraving, we do completely different things that I havenā€™t written about.

14 Likes

So the June update said you were going to start shipping pro units by June 30th. The (early) July update says you are going to start production on the 30th. Which is it?

Iā€™m stoked about the rest of the update, just looking for clarification on that one point.

6 Likes

Squeeee! :rofl:

10 Likes

Or ludicrous power.

22 Likes

OMG! OMG! OMG! That is so awesome! I canā€™t wait to get my hands on it!

5 Likes

Last year you said that you were 45 now you say youā€™re 46, which is it? :wink:
I think it remains 30 June

5 Likes

So where does that leave me and everybody else who has already gotten their unit?

1 Like

I thought it was weird when you unpinned the June update. So exciting! Iā€™m glad I didnā€™t spend my proofgrade credit yet!

4 Likes

Looking for the new power settings tomorrow dude! :wink:

8 Likes

The new ludicrous power change is next level trolling when Iā€™m going to be out of town for the remainder of the week on business. Well played, Glowforge team.

Seriously, great work.

I promise to crank it up to 11 when I get back home Friday evening!

18 Likes

What?

In the June update, a short 12 days ago, they said they were shipping pro units starting June 30th. In this update they say they are starting production on the 30th. Iā€™m asking for clarification on which it is. Is there a typo? Was there another slip? Something else? I donā€™t think its an unreasonable question, as the 2 statements donā€™t mesh.

1 Like

Iā€™m planning on cranking mine to 1. :grin:

14 Likes

You certainly have given us an updated machine. Light Years ahead of what we would have gotten last December. Thank you. :glowforge::sunglasses:

6 Likes

Dan, for those of us with PRUs will we be be able to choose PG setting and convert to manual. Iā€™ve only memorized the engrave settings for Maple Ply. I also donā€™t know what the score settings areā€¦ If we could get an updated email like when we first got the PRU with the rest of the basic settings that would be awesomeā€¦

4 Likes

One question. Will you let people who have already received there units know when the manual has changed?

2 Likes

He said Rita was putting something together for us somewhere up thereā€¦

5 Likes

Seriously, thatā€™s cool. Holding off on my :proofgrade: order nowā€¦

SO much dialing down to be done.

7 Likes

Iā€™m saying that I donā€™t think there is a tangible difference between the statements as there have been up to a couple of weeks between the emails and shipping with the basics.
I still expect to see pros in homes and businesses in July.

1 Like